Monday, February 25, 2008

Is my baby a genius?

Hundreds of doctors (educators and psychiatrists) of whole Poland say that day by day more parents come to them with their own kids, because they want to know if their baby is a genius or how to make the babies brilliant. Piotr Bocheński, the psychiatrist, thinks that it's happening like this because parents don't want to overlook the potential talent of their kids. IQ tests are getting more popular, so we can control our babies' developement already. On the Internet, there are a lot of opinions confirming doctor's observations.
  • "My daughter is 3 years old. She can count to 15, she speaks Polish very well and she knows the four words in Russian. How can I check if she is brilliant?"
  • "My child, since he was born, is smart and shrewd. He can listen carefuly. He's 1,5 years old and he knows the whole alphabet. He likes reading shop's billboards. Is he a genius?"
That's how parents write about their children. In the private places there are special classes, where they can learn how to work with kids. How the doctors check if the children are brilliant? For oldre of them there are some tests, but when the child is younger the educators observes how the kid is behaving and what it can do (for example how it throws things). After the observations the doctor can say what excercises the kid should do to develop its skills.
Some parents are absolutely crazy about it. "I went with my 6-years-old son to the educator because he's smarter than the other children in his age. The doctor said that I just should leave him alone and let him grow, but I won't leave it like this! My son goes to a swimming pool. I think that I'll put him to musical school or Maths class too." - says Katarzyna from Warsaw.

by Metro
Well, I let opinion to all of you personaly.

No comments:

Post a Comment