Friday, March 7, 2008

The Control

Sometimes I feel a need to write something that has enthralled me and seems to be suitable to share with i.e. the brand new Anton Corbinj film "The Control". First of all, it is a great movie awarded worldwide including the "the coolest British film of 2007" award and others. After all, it is a story of a man who changed the music in Europe and then worldwide. I've remembered the music of Ian Curtis and his band Joy Division since I was 12 or 13. First, it seemed too gloomy and incomprehensible, even boring. When I was growing older Joy Division became an immanent part of my music life and I know that its music has moulded my music preferences. Today I listen to other things, some of them even contrary to JD but when I heard about the film I was as pleased as Punch!

I am very curious if young, sensitive people today can be moved profoundly by that movie or even somebody will get interested in Joy Division music?

This is NOT the story of Joy Division but its tragic leader Ian Curtis, his painful life, intricated relations with women and his tragic end. Here is the trailer:

No comments:

Post a Comment