Monday, March 15, 2010

When your stuck with something you really don't want.







I'm off for 3 days straight, which is good, cos I'm so exhausted from work. Right now, I'm really unhappy with the working hours & yadayada. I'm 18, I'm a trainee, my pay is pathetic and I don't want to be tied down to something which is so not my cup of tea. Just the other day, I was told to learn some stuff.. and it was when I realised that their expectations were that high. I have one thick stack of training manual to go through, I have a whole lot of information to remember and it was only the second week. How much more do I have to go through? I'm not gonna be there permanently, and yet I have to learn so much. This wasn't what I wanted AT ALL.

In a real life working world, If you don't like your job, you'll have an option to leave. Or rather, in the first place, you wouldn't have chosen to work there. How about in my case? I don't have much of an option. Yes, I am well aware ITS MY FAULT THAT I CHOSE TO TAKE UP THIS COURSE. I am interested in hospitality, but as for hotel? No way. I REGRET, TRUST ME, I REALLY DO REGRET.

Initally, I thought that maybe it would be good that I experience that industry, but after these 2 weeks, I totally made up my mind that I would NEVER EVER EVER join the hotel industry in my whole fucking life, because I'm not willing to devote all my life to that.

Tell me that in the future it will be the same and lalalalalaaaa.... NO, IT WOULDN'T. I've never thought about long term jobs. Even so, if its something which I like, I wouldn't mind giving up my time for it. But for this case, I cannot say the same.

Argh, I'm not the only one who's unhappy right now. Some others aren't quite happy too. Tomorrow, we're gonna talk to Chef to see what can be done, BUT I'm not pinning my hopes on anything, cause I know that nothing much can be done, they'll definitely force me to continue on.

Whatever it is, I've spoken to my mom, and she's well aware that I'm really fucking unhappy with what I'm doing now. Meanwhile, I'll see how things go, & if i can't take it no more, I'll even consider throwing away my diploma, and moving on to something better, cos really, there's no point holding on to something you've no interest for. All i can say, is that I made a big fat mistake.


Alright, because they check up blogs( -.-), I'll make this clear; I have never posted the company's name, and I have no intention to, cos they care a lot about their reputation.
However, I would still say that the company's good. If you want experience and something beneficial on your resume, its where you should go.

But, I do suggest that you've gotta know what to expect, because I didn't and that's why I'm so unhappy right now. No matter what, passion/interest would determine how much you'll be willing to give up for your career's sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment