Thursday, November 15, 2007

The trip to England

TORQUAY

LONDON - isn't the architecture beautiful? :)


In May I went to Great Britian with my sister, brother and brother-in-law. We flew to London from the airport in Berlin, so we had to go there by car. We left in really early morning so we were there at about 7.30 a.m. The airport in Berlin is small in comparision to London Heathrow. I thin that Heathrow is as big as a city ;).
During the first five days we were in a beautiful city - Torquay, which is about 400km from London. It's in by the coast, so every day I was walking near the North Sea and I felt like I was at the Bałtyk Sea, even if English beach wasnt's as sandy and wide as Polish. Mostly I was spending my time an walking and visiting the district. I'm upset that cities in our country aren't so tidy and neat. I liked Torquay because of amazing views, places and a lot of greenery.
After those five days we went to London by bus. The trip lasted five hours and it was really tiring. But we go to the capital of the Great Britian I forgot about all my tiredness and I thought: "It was absolutely worth it". There were two things which I liked the most: the architecture and huge parks, where people were walking, having picnics, running and skateboarding. Of course, I couldn't say that I was in London if I wouldn't see all the monuments. So I saw the Big Ben, the Tower Bridge, the Backingham Palace and many others. I visited all the buildings which I've always wanted to see, but I think (I'm even sure) that the time I spent there was too short. London is a really incredible and big city and I hope that I'll fly there again.

No comments:

Post a Comment