Saturday, June 26, 2010

Classic Austin Rap: 2.5 MafiaIs Reality A Dream?Year 2000

I don't normally do this (upload full CD's to the blog), but I found this one as I was going through a box in my garage of a ton of CD's I had on my shelf in my office in Houston. I remembered it as being pretty jammin', so I popped it in and was like MAN, yeah, this was the year 2000...



2.5 Mafia - Is Reality A Dream? KRAIGWOOD - A.K. Records - Click here to DL

And if anyone involved in this project has a problem with this being uploaded, let me know and I will take it down. I just feel like it's a good document of Austin hip-hop, from a period just before eyes started peering in on Houston. Texas rap back then was like, really it's own thing. Records even I may have not heard of right away were selling in the streets for real. Every city/region had their break outs on all different levels.





The track list is actually one of the more thorough Texas indie rap track lists I've ever seen, but alas, while it gives credit to all the artists/writers, it only lists their real names, so I am not totally sure who is who on here. I mean I know who MC Fatal is and who Black Mike is, but I don't know everyones real names. Peep the tray card below to see who all is featured and give this one a listen.



Austin Got Tight Music For Real.



Anyway, jam out to this Austin rap classic and if you feel it and want to hear more classic Austin, lemme know and I'll see what I can get up.

No comments:

Post a Comment