Tuesday, May 25, 2010

My Stuff Series **M loves M**


I have a feeling many of you know Mara from M Loves M, am I right? yes, good! no? well now you will. Mara is one of the loveliest ladies I have met around the blogosphere, I know it sounds like a cliche, but it is true. She is gorgeous, I love her style/outfit posts and I live the californian dream vicariously thru her, thank you Mara ! and now, if you are one of those who don't know Mara, go ahead and check her blog out :)

Inspirations
Favorite Discovery: Blogging! It's become one of my favorite things to do in the world. I love all the wonderful people I've met through this community and I've found it to be a great outlet for creativity.
Favorite Place in the World: I love Lake Tahoe in Northern California. My family spent many beautiful summers there and it just brings back so many wonderful memories!
Style Icons: I think Audrey Hepburn was such a timeless beauty. I also love Rachel Bilson and Sienna Miller's chic, yet laid back style.
Favorite Designer: I die over Phillip Lim and Derek Lam's beautiful collections, as well as Camilla and Marc's. I think Rag and Bone does a great job making versatile clothes with creative proportions. Of course I wish I could afford all my favorite designers clothes! Sigh..maybe one day!
Favorite Movie: I love The Little Mermaid! Arial is such an adventurous and spirited girl and she inspires me. I also love a bunch of romantic comedies like The Notebook, Sweet Home Alabama and the recent Valentine's Day.
Clothes
Jeans: I don't wear jeans too often so I can't justify buying expensive ones. I like Urban's BDG brand jeans though and I used to have a pair of Seven for All Mankind's that I liked.
Underwear: I love Hanky Panky underwear! It has such a cheeky name but I swear they are so pretty and comfortable.
Watch: I'm still loving the oversized gold Michael Kors watches from last summer. They're like bracelets they're so huge!
Day dress and day bag: I love wearing long "maxi" dresses. I don't care that Matthew thinks I look pregnant in them I think they're so comfy and classy! They're perfect for day/night since you can dress them up. During the day I like wearing over the shoulder bags since it's convenient while shopping!
Evening Dress: There is this pink Derek Lam dress that I LOVE! The only thing I don't like is the price tag. $1590? no thanks!
Shoes: I have an obsession with J.Crew ballet flats. They are so pretty and comfortable and I wear them all the time. Recently I've been craving a pair of black Frye Engineer boots. I know they aren't very summery but I really want them!
Home
Inspiration: I've recently started loving all white rooms. I think they're so pretty and classy. One day I want a big, rustic kitchen with exposed brick and wooden tables.
Favorite Art: I've fallen in love with Jessica Swift's work. Especially her How to Become a Mermaid print.
Bedding: I currently have a solid colored duvet cover but I've become more interested in getting a patterned one with cool colors.
Stationery: There's a store near my house called Paper Goose and I love getting new stationary there.
Coffee table books: After going to exhibits I love getting the big book of the artist's work. It's something nice to be able to look at later and share with my friends and family.
Flowers: I love pink peonies. Matthew got them for me for my college graduation and I couldn't get over how gorgeous they are!
Beauty
Perfume: I love Miss Dior Chérie. It has the sweetest floral fragrance. It's described as having "notes of chic, green tangerine, violette, and pink jasmine" that "mingle with soft patchouli, musk, and delectably sweet strawberry leaves and carmelized popcorn for a delicious scent that's truly irresistible."
Moisturizer: I use either the Neutrogena SPF15 moisturizer or Olay Complete with SPF. I need a moisturizer that will protect my skin from the sun, especially living in Los Angeles.
Mascara: L'Oreál Original Voluminous in my new favorite. I've been using it for awhile now because it makes my eyelashes so much longer and it doesn't dry out as quickly as other mascaras do.
Shampoo: I use Garnier Fructis or Pantene ProV. I usually switch it up since apparently it's better for your hair.
Soap: I like Dove but I also use body washes from the Body Shop since they smell so good!
Thanks Helena! This was so much fun! xoxo Mara
Thank YOU Mara, what a pleasure having you here!! Thanks darling xoxo


You can still enter to win a gorgeous necklace by Bride Blu,where? HERE 

No comments:

Post a Comment