Saturday, July 25, 2009

It's Summer, let's relax.

Normally I'm a banger and bass type of guy, but sometimes I want something with a little groove. Something where the response is not in the build, but variation of beat. Pause with out cause, a lone snare reverberating for a bass drum to kick off the melody. The moment where the crowd lets off their shell in a hand clap and sine wave, not a DJ pouring vodka down their mouthes.
It's the girl in the paisley dress, dancing to herself; sometimes it takes courage to get on the floor and dance with her. In that brief moment of dancing with her you notice:
The way she tossed her hair.
The way her shoulders moved.
The way her hand moved down your back.
The way her feet moved away, but ever cautiously towards you.
And what seems like a flash in time, her friend calls her out for a cigarette.
And... That's what I think is what makes great disco. It's all in the chase. The songs are never long enough. Sometimes I wish I could sink into the lush sonic soundscape, but it's made to move to. That's where the fun is; the fleeting moment to let considerations aside. No matter how brief, experience it for what it is.

I'm pretty fucking hammered and I swear I won't be nearly as emo in the future.


Lindstrom & Solale
Baby I Can't Stop (Aeroplane Remix)

No comments:

Post a Comment