Tuesday, September 28, 2010

My Stuff Series **Imagine**

Jami is a beauty from LA and she blogs at Imagine. She is fun, sweet and has a super eye for fab interior trends. I love love her cocktail series and her insider tricks. She knows her stuff and what i love most is that she makes it accesible to everyone with her warmth and her writing style.
If you dont knowJami, go, you can thank me later. 

Inspirations
Favorite Discovery: That I can find peace & happiness & be content anywhere. The grass is not always greener on the other side.
Favorite Place in the World: My home. I spend most of my time there. And I have all my favorite things there: my boyfriend, my dogs and my cat!
Style Icons: Jennifer Aniston, Lauren Conrad, Kelly Ripa
Favorite Designer: It's impossible to pinpoint my favorite! Here are a few: Mary McDonald, Nate Berkus, Woodson & Rummerfield, Daryl Carter, Thom Filicia, Kelley Wearstler, Sixx Design, Kara Mann, Vincente Wolf
Favorite Movie: For laughs: The Hangover, for love: The Notebook


Clothes
Jeans: Anything on the rack from Nordstrom Rack or Marshalls. I really like black or white skinny jeans right now. I've never been a huge fan of blue jeans.
Underwear: Daytime: thongs, Bedtime: granny panties
Watch: My D&G watch I received as a Christmas present a couple years ago from my boyfriend. 
Day dress and day bag: Practically everyday (of the summer) you can find me in a sundress or a romper! I've been carrying around this Jessica Simpson bag in Key Lime from TJ Maxx. I love it; it has so many pockets that I can fit my stuff in!
Evening Dress: I LOVE dressing up! I tend to go out quite often and I really enjoy wearing something new everytime I go out, sooo...the only way I can really afford that is shopping for dresses at Macys, Forever 21, Ross, TJ Maxx, Marshalls...
Shoes: One of my favorite perks about living in Southern California is that I get to wear flip flops for most of the year! Every Spring, I stock up on all the different colors & types from Target. I also love wedges! I love the look of heels, but I my tootsies can only walk a few hours in them! If I'm wearing heels, it's these Guess Metallic heels.


Home
Inspiration: I have loved design and decorating since I was building homes with blocks, setting up dollhouses and rearranging my parents furniture. Much of my inspiration has stemmed from my mom and dad who were notorious for buying "fixer uppers". They constantly painted, built furniture, repurposed antiques bought at auctions, installed carpet, hung wallpaper and refinished wood floors, all resulting in making a house a home. Watching and learning from my parents, I quickly caught on and began re-decorating my bedroom over and over again.
Favorite Art: Anything natural like bunches of sticks, grasses or reeds that have a cool shape. I really like using mirrors as artwork. I don't really like framed art, because I change my decor A LOT and I think framed art is sometimes too "themey". I have a white plaster parrot hanging on my wall that's pretty cool.
Bedding: White 500 thread count sheets (usually bought at Home Goods) are a must in our bedroom! I love our down comforter and our memory foam pillows from Costco.
Stationery: I'm terrible at writing hand written notes & letters! When I do write letters, I mostly type up a letter on my computer and create my own "stationary" with pictures of my boyfriend and I, our doggies and our cat. 
Coffee table books: Well, since we have 2 monsters (I mean, angel pups!), I can't keep books on our coffee table unless I want them torn to shreds within a matter of hours. But I do have loads & loads of bookshelves filled with books such as Downtown Chic, Chocolate: A Love Story, 501 Must Read Books, Lady Cottington's Pressed Fairy Book.
Flowers: I'm not much of a flower kind of girl; I prefer houseplants and vegetable gardens! We do have a beautiful hydrangia bush that blossoms huge pink flowers every year. Our backyard is filled with bamboo, birds of paradise and palms. I also planted a vegetable garden this summer with veggies such as: tomatoes, onions, corn and beets.


Beauty
Perfume: Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue. I love how simple, clean and refreshing it is.
Moisturizer: Mary Kay Timewise. I've been using it for about a decade!
Mascara: Loreal Voluminous - Love the Blackest Black with a curved brush!
Shampoo: My hair was black a year ago! Turning blonde has caused a bit of damage to my hair so I use this: Bumble & Bumble Mending
Soap: I'm a die hard Bath & Body Works addict. Twice a year they have their big semi-annual sale and I stock up on all my body washes and lotions. My favorite is Coconut Lime Verbana.

Thanks Jami!

No comments:

Post a Comment