Saturday, May 30, 2009

I'm an American God-damnit! I Have Rights!



Many strange things occurred at DEMF this year. I'll be the first to admit that after a long day drinking $7 beers, entering and exiting piss-soaked Porta-Potties, baking in the sun and sneaking off to smoke blunts, one can become a bit delusional. As I'm dancing at a stage that I don't know the name of, listening to a DJ that I don't know the name of, something caught my eye. No, it wasn't the crowd of young ravers with suspiciously over-sized pupils. Nor was it the fact that I could see Canada across the river, momentarily inducing flashbacks of my infamous Windsor trip with B-jangles to see MSTRKRFT play an impromptu DJ set at a bar called the BoomBoomRoom. Me being 19 and way too drunk off Jager-Bombs and Molson pints inevitably led to me trying to fist bump JFK, which again, inevitably led to me being dragged out of the bar, inevitably punching a bouncer in the mouth and later inevitably bent over a trashcan by two of Canada's best and brightest police officers, cuffed and thrown into one of Canada's best and brightest Paddy-Wagons (with, surprisingly, someone even drunker than me) and finally being thrown into one of Canada's comfiest concrete Drunk-Tanks screaming
"I'm an American god-damnit! I have rights!"

No, what really caught my eye was an eerily familiar looking beard-faced man. From twenty drunken, raver-filled yards I squinted my eyes and gazed upon this man's face intently forcing myself to remember where the fuck I recognized him from. After about ten minutes of shifting my gaze from his face, to the DJ, to the crowd, it finally hit me! I grabbed at my brother screaming into his ear "Holy fuckin' shit dude! Look over there...LOOK! Dude, I swear to God that's Busy P!" Indeed, my assumption was retorted with a quick glance in the vague direction I was pointing followed by a roll of the eyes and an elbow to the ribs that seemed to say "Fuck off nerd, I'm trying to dance."

Not until the next day were my assumptions confirmed by Randolf aka Deastro, a back-stage-pass-wielding friend of mine who told us that it was indeed none other than Busy-P himself, flown out by a friend simply to enjoy the glories that are DEMF. He also mentioned how bad Busy P's English was. But that's okay, my French is absolute shit, or as they say in Paris: Le chien a mordu mes testicules et a couru loin avec eux....

I find it pretty awesome that Busy P. could take time out of his, uh...Busy schedule? to visit the home of techno and dance like the rest of us. Seriously, sometimes I wonder if this guy ever sleeps, especially after visiting Coachella '09 with his entire Ed Banger Records crew (Justice, So Me, Medhi, Fafi, Gaspard, Sebastian, Kavinsky, etc) promoting their new clothing line Le Coolcats. So if you ever wanted to get your hands on some of those rad-ass tees featured on Justice's "D.A.N.C.E" vid, here's your chance! Go to the Coolcats Store.

Ellie Goulding - Starry Eyed [Right Click -> Save As]

Ellie Goulding - Starry Eyed (Jakwob Remix) [MediaFire]

Bag Raiders - Turbo Love (Whitenoise Remix) [MediaFire]

Keep it vicious, kids!
-mumjeanz.

No comments:

Post a Comment