Saturday, November 22, 2008

I Love Nintendo!

I love 8-bit music. Something I can pretty much solely contribute to how much Nintendo (aka Video-Crack) I played as an over-gamed product of the 90's who, like millions of kids strung out on frosted flakes, was way too into flashing shit.

If you're like me and you're a die-hard Nintendo fan, then you will love vNES. Short for VirtualNES, vNES allows you to play many of those great old-school Nintendo games you miss so much. For those of you who are familiar with the extreme awesomeness of Game Emulators, vNES differs in a great way: you can play many of your favorite old games right in your browser, using your keyboard as the controler!



Let's just say I was kicking some serious ass at
Home Alone - Lost in New York
Contra
Air Zonk
(quite possibly my favorite game of all time, for TurboGrafx 16!)



Perhaps the most extensive website for in-browser gaming I've come across is The Smartass. This site is great because it is not limited to only Nintendo games, but also TurboGrafx 16, Sega Genesis and more! This site also offers a great selection of online videos and other shit to keep you occupied this winter.

Note that some games may be blacked-out due to unavailability, so if you can't find the game you are looking for, check out these other Emulator Sites: for Nintendo games try NESplay and for other console games try Game Oldies.

I sincerely apologize to the neglect that family, friends and loved one's will experience due to these web-sites.
BoyEightBit Amiga Drum n Bass 8-bit mix


-jeanz.

No comments:

Post a Comment