Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Hollywood Holt + Hot Pink Delorean


I was really excited when I checked my email this morning. Whenever Boston's Hot Pink Delorean sends us an email, it pretty much screams "New Banger!!" I'll admit I got extra giddy when I saw TWO new emails from the Boston Trio. But wait!! the giddiness doesn't stop there: I click the first email only to realize that Chitown's very own B-More rapper Hollywood Holt gets the HPD treatment.

Complete with the HPD signature extremely distorted bassline that is so angry, it might slap you in the face, only to go after your mother thereafter....But the bassline isn't the only angry thing about this track. Holt brings it to the mic scoffing about his jewelry, his style, threats to take your girl from you and even....oh god no! He and Mano threaten to robot not only in your face, but every damn person in the fuckin' club!
(which has actually been a dream of mine since, oh, about 1995)

Hollywood Holt - Caked Up

Hollywood Holt - Caked Up (Hot Pink Delorean rmx)

Chk out this rippin' "Caked Up" rmx from ATL's Klever!
Hollywood Holt - Caked Up (Klever rmx)

HPD's second email contained this rmx for UK synth-punkers
Victorian English Gentlemens Club

The Victorian English Gentlemen's Club - La Mer (Hot Pink Delorean rmx)]

-jeanz.

No comments:

Post a Comment