Monday, March 26, 2007

lost!

So, in a recent post, I fretted about having completely forgotten about having read a book--not just not remembering I had read it but not even being able to remember having read it after looking at my own underlining and margin notes inside it. I mean, forgetting you'd read something is one thing, but looking through it again and at one's markings and still having it remain resolutely foreign, that's another. Now, the kicker: a friend just e-mailed reminding me that, in fact, I've posted before about having opened up this very same book and having no recollection of ever having read it, but I had forgotten all about having done this. So I read the book, forgot about reading it, forgot about having already once marveled about having forgotten all about reading it.

Fortunately, at least, I did remember writing the earlier post once I was reminded of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment