Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Brett Lee shoulder's bowling responsibility

Paceman Brett Lee says he's ready to lead Australia's inexperienced bowling attack in the Test cricket series in India.

Australia's 15-man squad includes the uncapped fast bowlers Doug Bollinger and Peter Siddle and spinners Bryce McGain and Jason Krejza

Lee says he'll need to shoulder extra responsibility as the team's senior bowler.

"I know there's going to be a lot of pressure on me as a bowler to lead an Australian attack," he said.

"But that's what I enjoy and I've enjoyed it the last couple of years.

"The pitches aren't conducive to fast bowling over here for the quicks, myself and Mitch and the other fast bowlers.

"So we definitely have our work cut out but we're looking forward to the challenge and it's always a great place to play cricket."

No comments:

Post a Comment