Sunday, September 2, 2007

who's jeremy freese?

I was linked by the front page of DailyKos yesterday for my post on the Chris Dodd and Dennis Kucinich. One thread in the comments was "Who's Jeremy Freese?", which included the following in a response from somebody apparently connected to UW:
He's an odd guy, but very insightful.
I can't really complain about that. Maybe I'll use it as my third blurb, after Ann Althouse's "The best sociologist in the world" and Kieran Healy's "The Italy of academia."

One of the college friends I am hanging out with here in Chicago is a firefighter and member of the firefighter's union who follows politics at least as closely as the median American. I asked him over dinner, "What's the thing with firefighters and Chris Dodd?" His response: "Who's Chris Dodd?"

No comments:

Post a Comment