Wednesday, September 19, 2007

don't forget, mateys!

Today is International Talk Like a Pirate Day. So get out your eyepatch and your fake hand hook and threaten to swash the buckle of those you love today. Remember if you are low on inspiration and need to see some buccaneers, all you need to do is look on the sides of your buccanhead.*

Why am I not talking like a pirate in this post? Because I'm not talking in this post, and it's not International Type Like A Pirate Day. And I'd sooner slice off me dubloon with a cutlass than make ye a podcast.

(Speaking of which, TMZ.com now has this feature where you can leave audio comments on posts and listen to other people's audio comments. I'm not sure if I fully get podcasting, but I certainly do not get what would be fun about listening to random stranger's audio comments. I think I must place a higher premium on the efficiency gains from the 'skim' affordances of reading than many other people do.)

* Joke stolen from CC. Today is all about piracy, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment