Friday, January 5, 2007

annals of jeremy freese, reflective advice giver

I think whatever you think is the right thing is the right thing.
--Jeremy
Note: I always sign my e-mails hyphen-hyphen-Jeremy. This was something I started doing as soon as I started e-mail, back in college, and have not changed. I refuse to move to the favorite academic signoffs -- "Best, Jeremy" or "Cheers, Jeremy" -- unless/until I'm moved into some administrative capacity. Nor will I use just "j" or "jf", as by this point "--Jeremy" takes less than a second to type. The principal exception to hyphen-hyphen-Jeremy is when replying to a female friend of mine who signs her e-mails "xx", as in "xx, Cruella," in response to which I feel compelled to assert my manhood and reply "xy, Jeremy."

No comments:

Post a Comment