Popeye206
Mar 29, 09:37 AM
But once 4G is implemented, will Verizon's internet and downloading be the same or faster speed-wise than AT&T?
I know currently AT&T is faster...
4G can be significantly faster.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4G
I know currently AT&T is faster...
4G can be significantly faster.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4G
dbattle
Apr 15, 07:43 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)
If you think about it, it's not all too surprising that some of these "professionals" are getting so worked up and sulky over this release. The notion that "pro editing" can belong to just about anyone, rather than an exclusive circle of elites, poses an existential crisis. Apple's re-thinking of editing is also a re-thinking of what it means to be "professional". The announcement sheds light on a future in which their "advanced", learned techniques are no longer advantageous. The "industry pros" are facing the plight of impending impotence. It's not something anyone would really openly admit, but I think they're feeling a bit naked, stripped of their status.
Who can blame them for being pissy?
Being a professional myself I remember having those fears a few years ago. In fact we lost a large client because one of the employees thought that her high school son could do the same level of work that we did. If that were true I would say shame on us, in reality the client came back to us a few months later when the kid couldn't actually produce the same level of edit quality and creativity that we do.
The price drop doesn't bother me one bit. I think if anything it does open up the door for a teenager to start learning on high end software, then by the time they've finished college and have a sense of who they are as an editor they'll be a welcome, proficient addition, to someones company. I think it serves everyone in the end.
If you think about it, it's not all too surprising that some of these "professionals" are getting so worked up and sulky over this release. The notion that "pro editing" can belong to just about anyone, rather than an exclusive circle of elites, poses an existential crisis. Apple's re-thinking of editing is also a re-thinking of what it means to be "professional". The announcement sheds light on a future in which their "advanced", learned techniques are no longer advantageous. The "industry pros" are facing the plight of impending impotence. It's not something anyone would really openly admit, but I think they're feeling a bit naked, stripped of their status.
Who can blame them for being pissy?
Being a professional myself I remember having those fears a few years ago. In fact we lost a large client because one of the employees thought that her high school son could do the same level of work that we did. If that were true I would say shame on us, in reality the client came back to us a few months later when the kid couldn't actually produce the same level of edit quality and creativity that we do.
The price drop doesn't bother me one bit. I think if anything it does open up the door for a teenager to start learning on high end software, then by the time they've finished college and have a sense of who they are as an editor they'll be a welcome, proficient addition, to someones company. I think it serves everyone in the end.
sparky672
Sep 12, 10:15 PM
Did nobody not notice that the Nano ad shows the clickwheel glowing along with the screen? Looking at photos of the new Nano kind of kicks down that prospect, but it's a little of a let down when you realize the click wheel does not glow like in the ad.
It would be sweet though. :rolleyes:
I noticed. I too was hoping that it glowed like in the ad.
Nothing indicates that it would.
I'm glad I waited. Eye-ballin' a silver one myself.
It would be sweet though. :rolleyes:
I noticed. I too was hoping that it glowed like in the ad.
Nothing indicates that it would.
I'm glad I waited. Eye-ballin' a silver one myself.
AP_piano295
Apr 26, 10:05 PM
None of these "parts of black culture" are unique to blacks, nor are they fundamentally identified with blacks only. Furthermore, I have never suggested that black people have no responsibility to be productive, law-abiding citizens. However, the suggestion that blacks can somehow gain equality with whites just by "getting their act together" is totally fallacious.
Well they can certainly gain equality with me by getting their act together, anyone can. I judge people individually based on their behavior :eek:.
I frequently work with plenty of black students (of African American, and African dissent) they're damn smart and they work damn hard. In fact they're exactly like your or I (in case that isn't obvious :rolleyes:).
Are they're plenty of racists out there? Your right there are. Are there plenty of people out there who aren't racist and yet it is blatantly obvious to them that they're are some serious problems in black communities and with black culture, (problems which go well beyond poverty and lack of education) guess what there are plenty of those as well.
Also how on earth do you imagine that a number of the problems aren't highly specific to the black community?? You must have your head so far down the whole of destructive political correctness you can't see daylight
No other community takes pride in producing "baby mamas" and propagates the idea (in music and other media) that begetting women with children (regardless of one's commitment to the situation or financial readiness) is a good idea. :confused:
No other community has developed a racial dialect which is so improper that anyone who speaks it sounds totally un-educated. I go to school with quite a few black student's who are very intelligent, work very hard, and speak like un-educated hooligans. Your fooling yourself if you can't recognize the fact that failing to speak passable English is a serious dis-advantage if your searching for work or internships.
Now if you continue to refuse to recognize that there are serious cultural differences between the black communities in the United States and other communities lets look at some other numbers.
The percentage of children born out of wedlock is 41% according to the cdc.
http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/unmarry.htm
Black children are born out of wedlock 72% of the time, 31% more frequently than the average.
Hispanic children on the other hand are born out of wedlock 51% of the time only 10% more often than the average.
http://articles.cnn.com/2009-04-08/living/out.of.wedlock.births_1_out-of-wedlock-unwed-mothers-wedding-dress/2?_s=PM:LIVING
But wait, if your willing to believe Wikipedia Hispanics as a demographic group are the POOREST racial demographic group in this country.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_income_in_the_United_States
Poorer on average than black citizens, yet despite that dis-advantage Hispanics manage to stay several standard deviations nearer the national average than the black community.
I'll say it again there are serious cultural problems within the black community/culture, problems unique to African Americans. Your not doing anyone favors by refusing to acknowledge these problems. Are there external forces which make it more difficult for blacks in the United States (and other western nations) to advance simply because of their race? You betcha . Are there major problems within the black community and black culture that make it hard for blacks in the west to advance? Absolutely.
Is it possible that those internal problems are equally or more significant than external barriers? In my opinion some of the evidence I've looked at suggests this.
This all suggests to me that as a nation we wouldn't be remiss if we started considering ways to confront these internal issues rather than assuming the most important factors are always external, and un-related to the affected community.
Well they can certainly gain equality with me by getting their act together, anyone can. I judge people individually based on their behavior :eek:.
I frequently work with plenty of black students (of African American, and African dissent) they're damn smart and they work damn hard. In fact they're exactly like your or I (in case that isn't obvious :rolleyes:).
Are they're plenty of racists out there? Your right there are. Are there plenty of people out there who aren't racist and yet it is blatantly obvious to them that they're are some serious problems in black communities and with black culture, (problems which go well beyond poverty and lack of education) guess what there are plenty of those as well.
Also how on earth do you imagine that a number of the problems aren't highly specific to the black community?? You must have your head so far down the whole of destructive political correctness you can't see daylight
No other community takes pride in producing "baby mamas" and propagates the idea (in music and other media) that begetting women with children (regardless of one's commitment to the situation or financial readiness) is a good idea. :confused:
No other community has developed a racial dialect which is so improper that anyone who speaks it sounds totally un-educated. I go to school with quite a few black student's who are very intelligent, work very hard, and speak like un-educated hooligans. Your fooling yourself if you can't recognize the fact that failing to speak passable English is a serious dis-advantage if your searching for work or internships.
Now if you continue to refuse to recognize that there are serious cultural differences between the black communities in the United States and other communities lets look at some other numbers.
The percentage of children born out of wedlock is 41% according to the cdc.
http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/unmarry.htm
Black children are born out of wedlock 72% of the time, 31% more frequently than the average.
Hispanic children on the other hand are born out of wedlock 51% of the time only 10% more often than the average.
http://articles.cnn.com/2009-04-08/living/out.of.wedlock.births_1_out-of-wedlock-unwed-mothers-wedding-dress/2?_s=PM:LIVING
But wait, if your willing to believe Wikipedia Hispanics as a demographic group are the POOREST racial demographic group in this country.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_income_in_the_United_States
Poorer on average than black citizens, yet despite that dis-advantage Hispanics manage to stay several standard deviations nearer the national average than the black community.
I'll say it again there are serious cultural problems within the black community/culture, problems unique to African Americans. Your not doing anyone favors by refusing to acknowledge these problems. Are there external forces which make it more difficult for blacks in the United States (and other western nations) to advance simply because of their race? You betcha . Are there major problems within the black community and black culture that make it hard for blacks in the west to advance? Absolutely.
Is it possible that those internal problems are equally or more significant than external barriers? In my opinion some of the evidence I've looked at suggests this.
This all suggests to me that as a nation we wouldn't be remiss if we started considering ways to confront these internal issues rather than assuming the most important factors are always external, and un-related to the affected community.
milo
Sep 6, 10:28 AM
Well, lets see where would they put it? Between Mac Mini and iMac.... you know in that $200 difference. Or maybe between iMac and Pro Mac.... in that what $300 difference. It seems like the Mac Mini bump and iMac expansion have left no room in the line-up for another Mac. Even with conroes... all speeds, sizes, prices are covered. There isn't room for a Conroe Mac. Period.
The iMac isn't a headless mac, so it's not even in the equation. It would go in between the mini and Pro, and fall in the same price range as the iMacs. It's a different product category, might as well say they shouldn't have the iMac since there are already laptops in that price range.
It makes no sense for apple to ignore Conroe, it's intel's best bang for buck right now.
At this point I'm thinking that most updates of current machines will happen before tuesday, maybe the Showtime thing will be when they finally announce a midtower (probably pizza box form factor). Works as a settop box, or any mac can stream to the new Airport video.
And those waiting for MBPs........Start Crying :D :D :D
Nonsense. I still think there's a good chance we see them before tuesday, if not, definitely in the next two weeks.
The iMac isn't a headless mac, so it's not even in the equation. It would go in between the mini and Pro, and fall in the same price range as the iMacs. It's a different product category, might as well say they shouldn't have the iMac since there are already laptops in that price range.
It makes no sense for apple to ignore Conroe, it's intel's best bang for buck right now.
At this point I'm thinking that most updates of current machines will happen before tuesday, maybe the Showtime thing will be when they finally announce a midtower (probably pizza box form factor). Works as a settop box, or any mac can stream to the new Airport video.
And those waiting for MBPs........Start Crying :D :D :D
Nonsense. I still think there's a good chance we see them before tuesday, if not, definitely in the next two weeks.
iDutchman
Oct 17, 02:53 PM
Very nice with the Cinema Display on the wall. Great family photo as well; my family pictures are always awful. :)
Thx! Yeah, it was taken in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) this year. We had a desert safari that day.:cool:
Thx! Yeah, it was taken in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) this year. We had a desert safari that day.:cool:
szsiddiq
Nov 8, 09:50 AM
Can anybody guess whether the new C2D Macbooks will be hotter/cooler?
lol, dont worry about it! jk, probably about the same
lol, dont worry about it! jk, probably about the same
mi5moav
Jul 23, 07:01 AM
Are foldable/flexible displays ready? Strange that Xerox shut down Gyricon. I wonder if this product could actually, be sold to Borders and Barnes and Nobles. When you walk into the store instead of seeing paperback and hardbound books, you see hunreds of thousands of these on shelves. This could totaly change the way the publishing/library system works. You have a few of these flexible OLED displays that you just bring or rent from your local library or the book store and then you just go back or download a new one. The only problem is that there would have to be a simple way to charge these since it would be crazy to just stick them in thousands of bases, need to be as easy as slipping them into the shelf. So, if they created som sort of mat like SplashPower they would charge through the plastics. So, you could have these wonderfully moddern bookshelves that actually were splashpowered...And since covers sell books when and individual picked up one of these new Apple ibooks the cover art would have an animation sequence not just a static image. I can just see it now all these ladies picking up and seeing Fabio flexing his muscles on Appple's newest Ibook Ereader with it's flexible OLED display.
Thunderhawks
Nov 24, 06:57 AM
sorry...but her stuff is light years ahead of that old outdated sound.
Haha, Kesha who?
Comment again when you are 18, if she is still around in 6 years:-)
Maybe the Beatles should have worn meat suits to please today's generation of ignorant , uneducated followers who like celebrities just for being famous.
Just look at the sales numbers every year (not only on itunes) if that is your only measuring stick.
Beatles win:-)
Haha, Kesha who?
Comment again when you are 18, if she is still around in 6 years:-)
Maybe the Beatles should have worn meat suits to please today's generation of ignorant , uneducated followers who like celebrities just for being famous.
Just look at the sales numbers every year (not only on itunes) if that is your only measuring stick.
Beatles win:-)

MacRumors
Apr 14, 09:02 AM
http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com/2011/04/14/apple-again-bucks-trend-with-sales-growth-in-shrinking-pc-market/)
http://images.macrumors.com/article/2011/04/14/095801-gartner_1Q11_us_trend.png

Real Housewives of Orange

in quot;Pregnant in Heelsquot;

of quot;Pregnant in Heelsquot; are

in quot;Pregnant In Heels.

Pregnant in Heels

pregnant in heels bravo

show Pregnant in Heels

Pregnant.in.Heels.

from Pregnant in Heels
http://images.macrumors.com/article/2011/04/14/095801-gartner_1Q11_us_trend.png
sysiphus
Oct 21, 12:38 AM
I nominate the above post to win the "most-retarded-comment-award"
The last part doesn't make any sense, but the poster IS right that "ultimate" usage of an Apple product for calculator usage is hardly the iPad--rather, MATLAB or Mathematica on OS X. Actually, for that matter, the Grapher app in OS X is remarkably good, too.
The last part doesn't make any sense, but the poster IS right that "ultimate" usage of an Apple product for calculator usage is hardly the iPad--rather, MATLAB or Mathematica on OS X. Actually, for that matter, the Grapher app in OS X is remarkably good, too.
matthew24
Aug 29, 11:18 AM
Happily Vista 2.0 will only be 129$ :D
mixel
Jul 4, 04:10 PM
I'm not really fussed about touchscreen imacs but it does all add up. The magic pad for all the Macs without the touch-screen.. Ability to run iOS much like you currently run Dashboard, but much, much cooler..
From a gaming perspective it'd add a hell of a lot of value to the Mac platform.. Various other little apps would be cute additions too.
If they do it well it could offer big added value, and wouldn't signify anything in terms of "the end of the Mac platform" How many people aren't going to get iPhones but DO have Macs? Quite a lot.. How much iTunes store iOS software could Apple sell to those people? Quite a lot, I'd imagine! I'd certainly not mind the chance to play around with iphone software across the desktop too.
I would be very surprised if this sort of thing happens so soon though.
From a gaming perspective it'd add a hell of a lot of value to the Mac platform.. Various other little apps would be cute additions too.
If they do it well it could offer big added value, and wouldn't signify anything in terms of "the end of the Mac platform" How many people aren't going to get iPhones but DO have Macs? Quite a lot.. How much iTunes store iOS software could Apple sell to those people? Quite a lot, I'd imagine! I'd certainly not mind the chance to play around with iphone software across the desktop too.
I would be very surprised if this sort of thing happens so soon though.
iRobby
Mar 28, 11:19 PM
Apple WWDC 2011 tickets on eBay (http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1312&_nkw=wwdc+2011&_sacat=See-All-Categories)
JRM PowerPod
Sep 6, 08:18 AM
Dude that thing is like dude, like dude dude
ccunning
Aug 3, 03:05 PM
The blue dots on a silver platter looking thing. A couple posts up, someone claims its xgrid. Not really sure what xgrid is...
http://www.apple.com/server/macosx/features/xgrid.html You can see the icon about halfway down the page.
http://www.apple.com/server/macosx/features/xgrid.html You can see the icon about halfway down the page.
bobert1985
Aug 4, 10:18 AM
Here's another link about Blu-Ray and other stuff.
http://www.dvdnewsroom.com/news/breaking-inside-apple-on-blu-ray-macpro-and-apple%E2%80%99s-media-center-strategy-what-to-expect-and-not-to-expect-at-wwdc/
BTW,
Fakity fake fake fake.
He can take a screen capture of a widget in the dock (I could photoshop that in seconds) yet when it comes down to iChat all he can say is "The interface is different, I can't explain why it just is?" No screen caps? Riiiiiiight.
FAKE.
My sentiments exactly.
http://www.dvdnewsroom.com/news/breaking-inside-apple-on-blu-ray-macpro-and-apple%E2%80%99s-media-center-strategy-what-to-expect-and-not-to-expect-at-wwdc/
BTW,
Fakity fake fake fake.
He can take a screen capture of a widget in the dock (I could photoshop that in seconds) yet when it comes down to iChat all he can say is "The interface is different, I can't explain why it just is?" No screen caps? Riiiiiiight.
FAKE.
My sentiments exactly.
Gem�tlichkeit
Mar 25, 01:52 PM
lol 666mb
mcrain
Mar 11, 02:56 PM
Fivepoint? Hello? You posted the rhetoric from the gentleman from Kentucky, but haven't actually described how and what you did on the little budget game.
skier777
Mar 18, 07:16 PM
My 32GB ssd ipod mini is still going strong. These things last pretty well, so even if they discontinue them, buy one on ebay or something and it might last you until something else comes along.
spazzcat
Mar 29, 05:23 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)
I think it will be more like $79...
I think it will be more like $79...
RichardI
Jul 7, 08:22 AM
I couldn't care less about touchy feely or iOS or whatever. If they do this, it better not raise the base price of an iMac! Better yet, make it available as an extra charge option for those who want it.
mfr1340
Apr 17, 11:07 AM
Just returned from Best Buy after I went to their Nation wide sales event, and they haven't recived any for over 1 1/2 weeks. They are selling reservations for future stock, for $100.00. What a load of s__t. If they had said that they didn't have any, and they were just tring to see how many customers would show up to put down a $100.00 deposit, with no est. of time of when you would recive your order. Thats wrong. At $4.50 a gallon of gas, I can't keep going down to see if they have any.
NT1440
Mar 10, 11:20 PM
you can judge me all you want ... my family is both Canadian and American.
I live on both sides of the border.
sorry if I do not support everyone's Anti-American Military views.
Cutting the Military is not for me ... Even though I would have to pay higher taxes, I'd rather scrap all these Government Casinos and Government Bookies we have up in Canada than reduce even one dollar in Military spending.
Yet time and time again you've given absolutely no reasoning as to why Canada needs a bigger military or why the USA shouldn't cut pack.
Essentially its been, "because".
Now that is fine and you are entitled to just think something "because", but you have to recognize that means it has no credibility or even rationale behind it.
I'd love for you to at least give your own reasoning so we can understand your viewpoint.
I live on both sides of the border.
sorry if I do not support everyone's Anti-American Military views.
Cutting the Military is not for me ... Even though I would have to pay higher taxes, I'd rather scrap all these Government Casinos and Government Bookies we have up in Canada than reduce even one dollar in Military spending.
Yet time and time again you've given absolutely no reasoning as to why Canada needs a bigger military or why the USA shouldn't cut pack.
Essentially its been, "because".
Now that is fine and you are entitled to just think something "because", but you have to recognize that means it has no credibility or even rationale behind it.
I'd love for you to at least give your own reasoning so we can understand your viewpoint.
No comments:
Post a Comment