LukeW
Sep 12, 03:43 PM
Get album artwork seems to be working better now!
AxisOfBeagles
Mar 7, 11:40 AM
More from south of the border ....
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5172/5509958426_d4a46ab406_z.jpg
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5172/5509958426_d4a46ab406_z.jpg
motulist
Sep 12, 02:52 PM
Old nano
3.5 x 1.6 x 0.27 inches
1.5 ounces
New nano
3.5 × 1.6 × 0.26
1.41 ounces
3.5 x 1.6 x 0.27 inches
1.5 ounces
New nano
3.5 × 1.6 × 0.26
1.41 ounces
rdowns
Mar 29, 10:34 AM
Rand Paul and common sense. Isn't he the Paul who suggests we cut $500 billion in spending in one year? :rolleyes:
May I quote your precious Constitution?
This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding.
Perhaps you missed that bit.
That was beautiful. :D
May I quote your precious Constitution?
This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding.
Perhaps you missed that bit.
That was beautiful. :D
cobalt79
Mar 11, 03:29 PM
I just bought a Macbook Pro literally 5 minutes ago. I've been waiting for months and I finally gave up. After the order was completed, I thought I'd check macrumors just for laughs and the first thing I saw was, "new macbook pros tomorrow?" :(
"Giving up" does not mean buying outdated technology for top dollar. If you were truly giving up on waiting, you should have also given up on Apple -- who did not value your interest enough to give you either a discount or some indication as to when updates would be released.
"Giving up" does not mean buying outdated technology for top dollar. If you were truly giving up on waiting, you should have also given up on Apple -- who did not value your interest enough to give you either a discount or some indication as to when updates would be released.
WildCowboy
Aug 2, 05:24 PM
Well... but at least it's not Apple's fault, because they didn't produce the driver. Therefore it's actually not a concern of Apple's but of the driver's producer's.
On the other hand Apple did include it into it's OS seemingly without testing it thorougly, and that is, of course, a concern of Apple's. So they will have to work together to get rid of that - and I'm sure they will - and I may be smug again. :p
It doesn't really matter if wasn't "Apple's fault." It's their machine that ends up being compromised and so it's their responsibility to take care of the problem. How they do that is up to them...getting Atheros to patch things is the first step, but then they could evenutally switch vendors, move to an in-house solution entirely if they aren't happy with the job Atheros is doing.
It's the end-product with a big honkin' Apple logo on it...it most certainly is their concern.
On the other hand Apple did include it into it's OS seemingly without testing it thorougly, and that is, of course, a concern of Apple's. So they will have to work together to get rid of that - and I'm sure they will - and I may be smug again. :p
It doesn't really matter if wasn't "Apple's fault." It's their machine that ends up being compromised and so it's their responsibility to take care of the problem. How they do that is up to them...getting Atheros to patch things is the first step, but then they could evenutally switch vendors, move to an in-house solution entirely if they aren't happy with the job Atheros is doing.
It's the end-product with a big honkin' Apple logo on it...it most certainly is their concern.
toddybody
May 5, 02:14 PM
300ppi iPad will be hands down better than 3D functionality. Also, can it do so without glasses (already done) + at the viewing angles currently being supported by Apple's IPS displays (dont think so)?

Gem�tlichkeit
Mar 18, 05:17 PM
I see no need for it when you have an outstanding product like the iPod Touch.
MacCheetah3
Oct 26, 07:42 PM
Hi
Here's a question to ponder...How are people suppose to install this firmware if there macbooks keep shutting down?
Easy...With any firmware / SMC update, the sensors are ignored. This is the same thing with the Hardware Test CD as well. This is easily apparent because when the machine is updating the firmware, fans go to "deafening" mode.
Why is all of this? Ever since the elaborate cooling of the Power Mac G5 to keep things quiet, the cooling system has relied on a number of sensors throughout the casing, monitored by both a hardware thermal chip and the Mac OS X kernel. Take away Mac OS X and you are left with a dysfunctional cooling system...So, the hardware chip sets all fans to the highest speed in order to prevent overheating due to lack of information being supplied to it.
One last thing...
My MacBook is an earlier unit and within the affected [serial number] range. I constantly push my MacBook to maximum temps for a number of hours continuously with DVD ripping / re-encoding and have not had one unexpected shutdown yet. So, please, let's not make this sound like some kind of plague...I now how most enjoy exaggerating these 'things'.
P.S. I read somewhere that it was the insulation of the sensor wire burning / melting off, therefore, causing a short. So, replacing the heatsink would also include a new sensor wire(s) that are constructed / routed better and not degrade with sustained high heat. The expanding heatsink sounds a little sketchy but possible...However, that'd be some impressive expansion as I'd guess Apple gives more more leeway than that between the heatsink and other components.
Here's a question to ponder...How are people suppose to install this firmware if there macbooks keep shutting down?
Easy...With any firmware / SMC update, the sensors are ignored. This is the same thing with the Hardware Test CD as well. This is easily apparent because when the machine is updating the firmware, fans go to "deafening" mode.
Why is all of this? Ever since the elaborate cooling of the Power Mac G5 to keep things quiet, the cooling system has relied on a number of sensors throughout the casing, monitored by both a hardware thermal chip and the Mac OS X kernel. Take away Mac OS X and you are left with a dysfunctional cooling system...So, the hardware chip sets all fans to the highest speed in order to prevent overheating due to lack of information being supplied to it.
One last thing...
My MacBook is an earlier unit and within the affected [serial number] range. I constantly push my MacBook to maximum temps for a number of hours continuously with DVD ripping / re-encoding and have not had one unexpected shutdown yet. So, please, let's not make this sound like some kind of plague...I now how most enjoy exaggerating these 'things'.
P.S. I read somewhere that it was the insulation of the sensor wire burning / melting off, therefore, causing a short. So, replacing the heatsink would also include a new sensor wire(s) that are constructed / routed better and not degrade with sustained high heat. The expanding heatsink sounds a little sketchy but possible...However, that'd be some impressive expansion as I'd guess Apple gives more more leeway than that between the heatsink and other components.

bmorris
Mar 29, 10:58 AM
ALL OF ATLANTA IS OUT AT RADIO SHACK!
Only the Stone Mountain Radio Shack had them and they are sold out.
All the others said they won't have them and Stone Mountain would.
Trying again tomorrow!
Only the Stone Mountain Radio Shack had them and they are sold out.
All the others said they won't have them and Stone Mountain would.
Trying again tomorrow!
bobr1952
Nov 24, 03:13 PM
I agree completely. Is it a crime to actually like both Bach and The Beatles? I must be an aberration or some kind of musical freak, according to certain people in this discussion:D
And it's nice and sunny outside today.
Anyway, good news on the early success of The Beatles- hopefully they can keep selling and laugh in the face of their detractors.
I'm sure there are a lot of us who have very wide musical interests. I usually listen to classical in the morning with my coffee and later--well lots of stuff rock, folk, blue grass, jazz, and yes some Beatles as well--it's all music--it's all good. :)
And it's nice and sunny outside today.
Anyway, good news on the early success of The Beatles- hopefully they can keep selling and laugh in the face of their detractors.
I'm sure there are a lot of us who have very wide musical interests. I usually listen to classical in the morning with my coffee and later--well lots of stuff rock, folk, blue grass, jazz, and yes some Beatles as well--it's all music--it's all good. :)
treblah
Aug 3, 04:59 PM
I doubt it since this is the World Wide DEVELOPERS Conference...I wouldnt classify an imac as a developmental machine.
Although they did give all the developers who 'rented' the 'Intel Development Kit' from WWDC '05 a Intel iMac when they were released in January. ;)
Also, kids, this is what we should be discussing:
Although they did give all the developers who 'rented' the 'Intel Development Kit' from WWDC '05 a Intel iMac when they were released in January. ;)
Also, kids, this is what we should be discussing:
KT Walrus
Nov 2, 04:37 PM
Apple should bundle the ClickToFlash plug-in into Mobile Safari. It prevents flash from running unless you really want it to run. This should address, in part, Apple's stated reason for not allowing flash (battery drain and stability) as the user would only enable it for those parts of the web that they really want to see.
And, while they are at it, they should enable file uploads in Mobile Safari to upload photos and videos.
I hate only being able to use part of the internet on my iPhone when there is no technical reason I shouldn't be able to do both Flash on demand and file uploads.
And, while they are at it, they should enable file uploads in Mobile Safari to upload photos and videos.
I hate only being able to use part of the internet on my iPhone when there is no technical reason I shouldn't be able to do both Flash on demand and file uploads.
thejadedmonkey
Jul 23, 02:17 AM
All these rumors seem to be leading up to a PDA that doesn't have any input ability. and I think that's exactily what we need.
Designer Dale
Mar 4, 02:51 PM
Northern Bittern stalking a frog.
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5253/5497909324_bc0e5ef427_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/43162691@N04/)
EXIF Summary: 1/200s f/6.3 ISO200 Sigma 120-400@198mm Hand Held
Dale
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5253/5497909324_bc0e5ef427_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/43162691@N04/)
EXIF Summary: 1/200s f/6.3 ISO200 Sigma 120-400@198mm Hand Held
Dale
kajman
Mar 12, 05:03 AM
AppleStore is offline :D
backdraft
Aug 3, 08:48 PM
These options have always been there, but I'm not sure they're sufficient to divert this type of exploit (assuming it exists/works, since people are arguing fervently that it's a hoax). The way I understand it, a WiFi device looking to join a network is doing active sensing even when it will only join preferred networks -- this pretty much must be true, since it can join a preferred hidden network, which is not itself broadcasting its availability. So the problem comes when a malevolent entity responds to the ping that the WiFi card puts out. I'm not sure just telling your computer to not join open networks would make any difference at that level. For instance, in analogy, with the BT exploit, one was not required to pair with the device propagating the virus -- just be discoverable.
Well a computer to computer network must be set up; how else can he transfer files? One card acts as the gateway and assigns ip... from what I can tell in the video
Well a computer to computer network must be set up; how else can he transfer files? One card acts as the gateway and assigns ip... from what I can tell in the video
Rafterman
Apr 18, 05:56 AM
Toys R' Us? I though they only sold video games and...toys!?
The iPad is a toy. For grownups.
The iPad is a toy. For grownups.
daneoni
Sep 6, 10:21 AM
Hmm, slightly off topic but maybe we'll see a 40" ACD soon with the 30" dropping to the mid-size and the 24" becoming base. Eeek! 40" of estate...thats alot of estate.
ChrisA
Nov 12, 02:39 PM
In a way he is right. why bother writing a iPhone app if you can do the same job with a web based app? If it is web based it runs on any phone and there is no risk of rejection by Apple.
That is the worst part and the biggest reason why no one puts to much effort into iPhone Apps: Risk. How would want to put much effort into anything if it could be rejected for any random reason?
That is the worst part and the biggest reason why no one puts to much effort into iPhone Apps: Risk. How would want to put much effort into anything if it could be rejected for any random reason?
ozzyman500
Mar 25, 04:03 PM
Wow that was fast. Hopefully they fixed that damn iPod app issue.
mfr1340
Mar 28, 02:47 PM
They dont charge you till it ships:) But I Jive with your sentiments dude...I say rewards the folks who've already placed orders
Thats why they filled 1/2 the order so they could process the cc order. Now I can sit and play with the cover untill 4/26, and I ordered it 3/18
Thats why they filled 1/2 the order so they could process the cc order. Now I can sit and play with the cover untill 4/26, and I ordered it 3/18
nsbio
Aug 24, 08:15 PM
I think that the webapp is working now, as my previous SN didn't work but now it does
All of a sudden my serial # started to work too. And no, I am not quoting eva01 on purpose repeatedly ;).
All of a sudden my serial # started to work too. And no, I am not quoting eva01 on purpose repeatedly ;).
iDonkey
Sep 22, 11:23 PM
Any "news item" coming from the New York Post should always be treated as a Page 2 rumor. They are a hair's breadth away from running Bat Boy headlines.
No comments:
Post a Comment