Monday, May 2, 2011

In my Kitchen: Sue from the Zhush

Very very excited to be introducing this new series in the blog today. I had your support all along the My Stuff and I really hope you enjoy this one as much! It's food related, yum! Some of our favourite ladies will be sharing their kitchens, fave recipes and some other little cooking secrets. Enjoy!
First fab lady to delight us today is Sue from The Zhush



Hi! Sue from The Zhush here!  The truth is, as much as I love beautiful, well designed kitchens, I'm not much of a cook!  Like many, our kitchen is the hub of the home and our family.   But, truth be told, my first choice is always to order in or better yet, go out to eat!  I miss the delivery options that were available to us when we lived in NYC. Here in the country, I'm often "forced" to cook.  I have a few go to recipes...but I'm always looking for more easy ways to feed my husband and three very picky children.

I cook for... : When I do cook its for five.
Healthy food:  Greek yogurt
Indulgence:  Pizza and or ice cream
Weekend meal:  Pasta dinners with wine
Date dinner: Cocktails, Caprese salad, Dover sole, wine, profiteroles
Quick fix:  dry cereal ( I usually mix about two or three together)
spicy: tobasco
mild:  dill and/or truffle oil


My kitchen:
Favourite gadget:  the built in refrigerator drawers in our blue hutch
Could not live without: my microwave
My cooking bible: kitchen laptop  (the internet is where I go with all cooking questions and to search for recipes)






My Recipe:
One go to recipe is Ina Garten's Tuscan Lemon Chicken (this is from her back to basics cookbook...perfect for my basic level cooking skills!)
I make this in the broiler, not outside on the grill...although friends tell me its fabulous this way as well!

Thanks so much for having me over today! After all this cooking and kitchen talk, I'm now starving!
***
Thank you Sue! Love your kitchen and I have to try this fantastic chicken recipe! 
Hope you all enjoyed the new series, looking forward to more?

No comments:

Post a Comment