scem0
Sep 14, 01:49 AM
I have the same problem, my printer isnt supported for USB printer sharing and I have 2 computers. THe printer (Samsung ML 1210) is a great printer, but it just isnt supported by 10.2 USB printer sharing, and it has some bugs in 10.2, but Im sure Samsung will work them out - eventually.
cecildk9999
Oct 26, 01:15 PM
I can't see this new iPod mockup as replacing the original iPod, but just falling into a niche market (as many here have suggested), with the primary focus being video. I kind of wonder if Apple will try and expand its market by providing 'content specific' iPods, with different designs for a user preference in games, photos, ebooks (a bit of a stretch, I know :) ). I mean, at this point, there's only so much you can do to reinvent the wheel, and while every iPod can still play music, different design options appeal to different buyers.

neocell
Dec 19, 02:11 PM
So here's the pics and some info:
OS 8.0
32 MB RAM
1 GB HD
As I said before I would like someone to get some use of this system, if that's possible, and I DO NOT want to ship it. Hopefully someone can find it a good home.
*problem attaching pics, I'll try again later*
OS 8.0
32 MB RAM
1 GB HD
As I said before I would like someone to get some use of this system, if that's possible, and I DO NOT want to ship it. Hopefully someone can find it a good home.
*problem attaching pics, I'll try again later*
maclaptop
Apr 24, 09:27 PM
Use Virtual Box-free

formkatze
May 4, 01:54 PM
I hope it happens really soon. I'm dying to see Portal 2 on my new Mac!

patrick0brien
Jul 2, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by plinkoman
no, i meant my decision to buy vpc is based mostly on that, i'm switching one way or another
-plinkoman
Ah. Sorry, I misunderstood.
I'd say don't bother with VPC at all. But at least you have the option of using the Mac, then deciding later as well.
no, i meant my decision to buy vpc is based mostly on that, i'm switching one way or another
-plinkoman
Ah. Sorry, I misunderstood.
I'd say don't bother with VPC at all. But at least you have the option of using the Mac, then deciding later as well.

rudyo
Mar 19, 09:45 AM
Only about 50 ipads today. 16gb and 32gb wifi only, no 3G ATT or Verizon.
A TON of people got skunked today.
The supply constraints persist....
A TON of people got skunked today.
The supply constraints persist....
GGJstudios
Apr 30, 01:30 PM
I downloaded the trial of appzapper thinking that I'd actually try to keep my new macbook pro clean and get rid of the "hidden" files associated with other applications.
AppZapper, AppCleaner, CleanApp, TrashMe, and similar apps do not do a thorough job of removing all files/folders related to deleted apps. I tested several of these, using Skype as the app to be removed. Of 17 items to be removed:
AppZapper missed 13 items
AppCleaner missed 11 items
AppDelete missed 8 items
Hazel missed 9 items
I also tested AppTrap, CleanMyMac and a few others, but don't recall how many items they missed. All left files/folders behind. In most cases, they remove .plist files and a few others, but leave behind much larger files and folders. (you will find a discussion of these tests in the thread linked below)
One app that I would not recommend, based on the number of complaints that have been posted in this forum and elsewhere, is CleanMyMac. As an example: CleanMyMac cleaned too much (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=709930)
The only effective method for complete app removal is manual deletion:
Best way to FULLY DELETE a program (http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=11171082&postcount=16)
Now, when I try to open pdfs in Safari (to just view in the browser, and not download them), a dialog box opens asking me where adobe reader is because safari can't read the pdf. I can only download the pdf.
http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/333/333545.html
http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/509/cpsid_50983.html
http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?platform=macintosh&product=10
AppZapper, AppCleaner, CleanApp, TrashMe, and similar apps do not do a thorough job of removing all files/folders related to deleted apps. I tested several of these, using Skype as the app to be removed. Of 17 items to be removed:
AppZapper missed 13 items
AppCleaner missed 11 items
AppDelete missed 8 items
Hazel missed 9 items
I also tested AppTrap, CleanMyMac and a few others, but don't recall how many items they missed. All left files/folders behind. In most cases, they remove .plist files and a few others, but leave behind much larger files and folders. (you will find a discussion of these tests in the thread linked below)
One app that I would not recommend, based on the number of complaints that have been posted in this forum and elsewhere, is CleanMyMac. As an example: CleanMyMac cleaned too much (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=709930)
The only effective method for complete app removal is manual deletion:
Best way to FULLY DELETE a program (http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=11171082&postcount=16)
Now, when I try to open pdfs in Safari (to just view in the browser, and not download them), a dialog box opens asking me where adobe reader is because safari can't read the pdf. I can only download the pdf.
http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/333/333545.html
http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/509/cpsid_50983.html
http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?platform=macintosh&product=10
Hellhammer
Nov 11, 11:02 AM
This is something that I would like to have as well. Actually, making a thread about this has been on my to-do-list.
Definitely something that I've been missing. The next and previous thread links are completely useless
Definitely something that I've been missing. The next and previous thread links are completely useless
itsmemuffins
Mar 8, 08:14 PM
I am number four:cool:
MrNomNoms
Apr 5, 02:45 AM
I'm tempted to get a MacBook Air to replace my MacBook Pro and then get my self a maxed out iMac for the heavy lifting. The iPad is 'too little' in the way of features, the MacBook Pro is an over kill in performance but the MacBook Air seems to be the nice middle road compromise that'll enable me to do some light work, internet stuff, the occasional bit of website editing (I use TextWrangler) and running Office 2011.
Then again I said that last time but ended up saying this I went for a MacBook Pro lol it will be interesting what the Air will have in the future given the move to Sandy Bridge might lead to a refresh in the future which will include the updated Sandy Bridge successor with a slightly improved integrated GPU.
As for others out there, I know many have gone for it over the MacBook and MacBook Pro - especially those who need portability over speed given the speed sacrifice is minuscule these days with the latest crop of CPU's available.
Then again I said that last time but ended up saying this I went for a MacBook Pro lol it will be interesting what the Air will have in the future given the move to Sandy Bridge might lead to a refresh in the future which will include the updated Sandy Bridge successor with a slightly improved integrated GPU.
As for others out there, I know many have gone for it over the MacBook and MacBook Pro - especially those who need portability over speed given the speed sacrifice is minuscule these days with the latest crop of CPU's available.

Willis
Sep 12, 08:34 PM
Anyone else noticed that the iTunes Mini store has departed us in this version?
Or am I missing it somewhere?
EDIT: Nope.... found it. I noticed the EQ went walk abouts too. Found it under the same menu
Or am I missing it somewhere?
EDIT: Nope.... found it. I noticed the EQ went walk abouts too. Found it under the same menu

Mattstkc
Mar 2, 02:23 PM
I am! I figure with launch on a Friday they'll have enough in stock to last the weekend since they wouldn't be able to get more until at the earliest Monday.
Prob be a line but not terrible since it's a suburbs store on a weekday rush hour launch
Thoughts? Anyone else going?
Black or White? I was set on black but now leaning white, may have to see in person
Prob be a line but not terrible since it's a suburbs store on a weekday rush hour launch
Thoughts? Anyone else going?
Black or White? I was set on black but now leaning white, may have to see in person

DistanceSwimmer
Apr 25, 09:37 AM
Thanks for the reply. Hmm... That could work. Does anyone know if there's a tweak to set a limit on the amount of photos that can be stored? Or a "delete all photos" tweak?
bartelby
Sep 11, 09:35 AM
I was sleeping, as I had been working the night shift.
My wife phoned to ask me if something major had happened as no-one where she worked could get on to any news websites.
I turned on BBC 24 and said "Holy ****** the World Trade Centre's on fire"
As I sat down I saw the second plane hit.
I couldn't speak for about 10 minutes
I have about 24 hours of BBC news coverage on tape, but I can't watch it.
My wife phoned to ask me if something major had happened as no-one where she worked could get on to any news websites.
I turned on BBC 24 and said "Holy ****** the World Trade Centre's on fire"
As I sat down I saw the second plane hit.
I couldn't speak for about 10 minutes
I have about 24 hours of BBC news coverage on tape, but I can't watch it.
AlphaDogg
Aug 28, 02:45 PM
Just moved into my dorm, so now this is my setup.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7429382/Mobile%20Photo%20Aug%2027%2C%202010%205%2050%2053%20PM.jpg
15" uMBP?
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7429382/Mobile%20Photo%20Aug%2027%2C%202010%205%2050%2053%20PM.jpg
15" uMBP?
nomar383
Mar 14, 10:57 AM
Hang in there guys! It's worth it.
RebelScum
Apr 18, 11:17 AM
What? The iPhone 3G was not a "Complete Redesign". Internally, it used the same CPU, RMA and chipset as did the iPhone 1. The only difference was the addition of a 3G radio and a plastic curved back; hardly a "Complete Redesign"
Oh I completely agree. You put a 2G and a 3G side by side and you can barely tell them apart.
:|
Oh I completely agree. You put a 2G and a 3G side by side and you can barely tell them apart.
:|

Stella
Jan 15, 08:11 AM
Could make sense - and source of the rumour might have some credibility now that CityTV is owned by Rogers...
I'm still waiting for the CDMA version though!
Mike
Think you may be waiting a while for CDMA version.
Over the weekend I was reading an article ( Globe and mail IRC ) that Telus are seriously considering starting a GSM network.
I'm still waiting for the CDMA version though!
Mike
Think you may be waiting a while for CDMA version.
Over the weekend I was reading an article ( Globe and mail IRC ) that Telus are seriously considering starting a GSM network.
Apple OC
Mar 19, 04:30 PM
cool find ... I have never seen one of those before :cool:
LagunaSol
Apr 18, 10:25 AM
"the new iPhone will be largely identical to the iPhone 4 in appearance"
Good. It's a beautiful design and still the best looking phone on the market. Don't mess with success.
Good. It's a beautiful design and still the best looking phone on the market. Don't mess with success.
Mechcozmo
Sep 11, 11:03 AM
Woke up. My radio was set to a talk show (was funny, now isn't) but it was just some lady saying "...and now we return to the channel 8 news broadcast." [Channel 8 and this radio station share a building] Which I thought was really odd, and I just heard a bunch of seemingly unrelated people saying the word "god" a lot.
Got ready for school, went downstairs. Turned on the T.V. which is something that I never do and still do not do. That day was different. As the T.V. came on the first thing I saw was the second plane hit. Mom told me (and rest of family) to keep getting ready for school, but she was sad. At school we had an assembly. In class the teachers tried to teach but not much really could be done. My 4th period teacher got the CNN.com live feed to work so the class just watched that. (There are projectors in the classrooms)
I can remember nearly everything in extreme detail. Odd how that happens with major events. Also interesting to see where other Mac users were at the time...
Got ready for school, went downstairs. Turned on the T.V. which is something that I never do and still do not do. That day was different. As the T.V. came on the first thing I saw was the second plane hit. Mom told me (and rest of family) to keep getting ready for school, but she was sad. At school we had an assembly. In class the teachers tried to teach but not much really could be done. My 4th period teacher got the CNN.com live feed to work so the class just watched that. (There are projectors in the classrooms)
I can remember nearly everything in extreme detail. Odd how that happens with major events. Also interesting to see where other Mac users were at the time...
powerbook911
Mar 13, 10:29 AM
Well, I have a slightly used 16 GB iPhone, for sale.
I got it for my father right when the 16 GB version came out alongside a 16 GB for myself. However, my father quickly declared he preferred his old Blackberry even though he was given the iPhone, and I was paying the bill! ha-ha.
I then considered using a second iPhone myself as a business only line, but I have decided that is unnecessary and not very convenient, so here it is for sale. You know it's not super old cause the 16 GB hasn't been out very long.
I had put a slider case on it, so like the flat chrome around the front face isn't perfect anymore. There are marks on the flat chrome parts as said, but beveled chrome and and the front in general looks shiny and clean. The screen is perfect. No scratches or anything in the screen. We take pretty good care of stuff being Mac and in general Apple fanatics.
The back next to the Apple logo has a couple smallish marks/scratches (they are hard to see in the photographs bit easier to see in person), which was also from the slider case I believe. I'm returning the slider case cause of this, but it's nothing too dramatic. Still much better condition than most used phones I think you'll find and how many have 16 GB of storage? I love my 16 GB.
Just want to give the full heads up, since I'm pretty obsessed about things looking good. Some of the marks in the photos are just lint or fingerprints, but ask many for any specifics. I've tried to outline what I see above.
I have attached a couple photographs.
*** Oh yeah, the original box is included of course, and it even has the unused black cloth, the Apple stickers, *never used* earbuds, plastic wrapped dock, plastic wrapped power adapter, and USB cable. So the packaging will be like new (most of those items have never even left the iPhone box cause already had cables, dock, earbuds and power adapter).
I am selling it for $450, plus $10 ground shipping, for $460 total. At first it sounds like only $40 off, but remember all the sales tax you're saving, which is probably about another $40 depending where you are, so it is potentially $80 cheaper than a new one, and obviously this one isn't very old itself.
Oh, one more thing. It's always been official on the AT&T network. Never been unlocked. So you can just get a new AT&T sim card or whatever, put it in the phone, and activate with iTunes. Or you could unlock it or whatever, but on my end that has never been done. Its been official all the way.
So go ahead and private message me offers. Obviously paypal is how I'd like to do the transaction, and I can give my ebay user ID 100 percent after 80+ transactions, for feedback rating, or refer you to someone I've sold an iMac to on here.
I got it for my father right when the 16 GB version came out alongside a 16 GB for myself. However, my father quickly declared he preferred his old Blackberry even though he was given the iPhone, and I was paying the bill! ha-ha.
I then considered using a second iPhone myself as a business only line, but I have decided that is unnecessary and not very convenient, so here it is for sale. You know it's not super old cause the 16 GB hasn't been out very long.
I had put a slider case on it, so like the flat chrome around the front face isn't perfect anymore. There are marks on the flat chrome parts as said, but beveled chrome and and the front in general looks shiny and clean. The screen is perfect. No scratches or anything in the screen. We take pretty good care of stuff being Mac and in general Apple fanatics.
The back next to the Apple logo has a couple smallish marks/scratches (they are hard to see in the photographs bit easier to see in person), which was also from the slider case I believe. I'm returning the slider case cause of this, but it's nothing too dramatic. Still much better condition than most used phones I think you'll find and how many have 16 GB of storage? I love my 16 GB.
Just want to give the full heads up, since I'm pretty obsessed about things looking good. Some of the marks in the photos are just lint or fingerprints, but ask many for any specifics. I've tried to outline what I see above.
I have attached a couple photographs.
*** Oh yeah, the original box is included of course, and it even has the unused black cloth, the Apple stickers, *never used* earbuds, plastic wrapped dock, plastic wrapped power adapter, and USB cable. So the packaging will be like new (most of those items have never even left the iPhone box cause already had cables, dock, earbuds and power adapter).
I am selling it for $450, plus $10 ground shipping, for $460 total. At first it sounds like only $40 off, but remember all the sales tax you're saving, which is probably about another $40 depending where you are, so it is potentially $80 cheaper than a new one, and obviously this one isn't very old itself.
Oh, one more thing. It's always been official on the AT&T network. Never been unlocked. So you can just get a new AT&T sim card or whatever, put it in the phone, and activate with iTunes. Or you could unlock it or whatever, but on my end that has never been done. Its been official all the way.
So go ahead and private message me offers. Obviously paypal is how I'd like to do the transaction, and I can give my ebay user ID 100 percent after 80+ transactions, for feedback rating, or refer you to someone I've sold an iMac to on here.
Daveway
Sep 23, 03:09 PM
I thought Apple Confidential 2.0 was great. I used it for a research paper and found it very enjoyable.
No comments:
Post a Comment