The next anniversary giveaway comes from beautiful artist Anne of Annechovie. I'm sure you have seen her work, it really stands out for it's beauty. Her chairs paintings make me really happy, oh how I want one for myself! Plus, did you know one of Anne's prints was on It's Complicated! pretty cool right?
Anne was kind to answer some questions
Tell us a bit about yourself and your work. How did it all start?
I have always had an interest in art and creating, but didn't really start painting until I was about 19 or so. I used to work in a home furnishings store my parents owned and started selling paintings and some painted furniture there. I began to get some commissions from customers and then continued from there, but back then it was more of something I did on the side. I didn't start painting full-time, selling online or blogging until about 3-4 years ago. I started Annechovie in 2006 and then the blog followed about 6 months later in 2007.
I have always had an interest in art and creating, but didn't really start painting until I was about 19 or so. I used to work in a home furnishings store my parents owned and started selling paintings and some painted furniture there. I began to get some commissions from customers and then continued from there, but back then it was more of something I did on the side. I didn't start painting full-time, selling online or blogging until about 3-4 years ago. I started Annechovie in 2006 and then the blog followed about 6 months later in 2007.
Who or what inspires you?
Anything that has developed with me came by digesting tons of paintings, magazines, books, etc. and then working by trial and error to paint what was in my head. I am a firm believer that God gifts us with all and any talents that we have and my personal relationship with Him is a tremendous source of inspiration and motivation that has helped me to grow and develop more than anything else. Never underestimate the power of a little chocolate or coffee, too!
Anything that has developed with me came by digesting tons of paintings, magazines, books, etc. and then working by trial and error to paint what was in my head. I am a firm believer that God gifts us with all and any talents that we have and my personal relationship with Him is a tremendous source of inspiration and motivation that has helped me to grow and develop more than anything else. Never underestimate the power of a little chocolate or coffee, too!
What do you love most of what you do?
I'd have to say the freedom that it affords me, along with the satisfaction of seeing people enjoy my work. The joy from doing something you love makes up for the financial risk, sacrifice of time and the load of responsibility being the one who wears all the hats.

Any advice for aspiring shop owners?
Sell what you love, stock a variety and put your whole heart into it. Develop good relationships with your customers and the dividends will be great! People respond to sincere gratitude and respect like nothing else.
The winner can pick any 9x12 print of their choice
How?
- Follow A Diary of Lovely and visit Annechovie. Come back and comment with your favorite item.
Extra entries
- Tweet about this giveaway (use @adiaryoflovely)
- Follow me on Twitter or/and facebook
- Follow Anne's blog here
- Follow A Diary of Lovely and visit Annechovie. Come back and comment with your favorite item.
Extra entries
- Tweet about this giveaway (use @adiaryoflovely)
- Follow me on Twitter or/and facebook
- Follow Anne's blog here
(Please leave a separate comment for each entry.Thank you all so much! Winner will be picked at random next week)





No comments:
Post a Comment