Thursday, August 12, 2010

Guest Post: It's Simple Love **Where I come from**

First off, thank you Helena for asking me to guest post on A Diary of Lovely, one of my daily blog reads.  I adore A Diary of Lovely for its tips on fashion and shopping, amazing giveaways, and her home decor advice.  I'm Rachael from It's Simple Love and today I will be showing you where I come from.  Be sure to check out my blog if you like what you see and my etsy vintage shop.  












Where I come from, Pleasant Grove, Utah, the feel of the town is old and small. Though in numbers the town is old, small it is not. Downtown, pictured above, is historical and quaint.  Boutiques line the streets as do antique stores and other small businesses.  Old is mixed with the new here.  

Historically, Pleasant Grove is known for their orchards and farming, though now orchards are being cut down for houses and businesses.  The product we are known best for is strawberries.  Every year in June we have Strawberry Days.  During the this celebrated week there is a rodeo, a carnival, dances, concerts, free swimming at the pool, and of course, lots and lots of strawberries and cream.  Summer is not summer without Strawberry Days.  

Utah is a state in the United States of America, for those of you who don't know.  I love living here because the land is so diverse and filled with wonder.  My husband and I are active nature lovers and we get our fix of the majestic outdoors here.  From climbing and canyoneering to hiking and camping, Utah has it all.


No comments:

Post a Comment